Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hands2Help 2018: Little Quilts for Little Lambs

Every year Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict hosts a charity quilt drive called Hands2Help and this is my fourth year to participate. One of this year's charities is called Little Lambs Foundation for Kids. They provide backpacks filled with personal care items and an item of comfort such as a quilt to children in transition to foster care.

As I've mentioned here before, one of my goals for 2018 is to piece and/or quilt one donation quilt a month, shooting for ten finished by the end of the year. I've finished four specifically for Hands2Help so far this year. Here are the quilts I've sent to Little Lambs:

Scrap Scramble

Toddler Boy I Spy

Positively Pink

Aztec Inspired

These quilts have fleece backing and no batting, making them soft and snuggly. It also makes it easier to fold them up to fit into a backpack. 

I photographed them on a bright day so I could get them into the mail right away. Pardon the too-sunny photos. 


These quilts have been received by Little Lambs and I'm hoping they'll be given to kids who will be comforted by them. 

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Such great ideas, light with fleece and perfect for comfort. You have achieved what we all hope to do, help someone feel better. Sunny quilts are ok, I can't always talk the sun into obeying me, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts for a wonderful quilty hug for someone in need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see all four together like this! I'm pretty sure I got the "no batting so it fits in the back pack" idea from your first post about Little Lambs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing, Jan! Thank you so so much!! I know they will be well-loved...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These will be loved! I had intended to use fleece this year (based on one of your posts) and then forgot. I hope I remember next year because it’s such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the idea of fleece bscking w/o batting -- may incorporate that into my Doll Like Me quilts so they're softer and easier to use gor swaddling dolls.

    ReplyDelete