But first, a finish!
Yesterday was an all day sew-in with my Sew Bee It bee at a LQS. It was great to spend all day sewing with friends! I was able to finish two bee blocks for Jo and finish a top that was started at a retreat back in October. I'm calling it the Busy Pink Plus. It's a stash-busting project to use up some scraps, small bits and partial FQs of a lot of prints. Jo took the photo for me at the end of our sewing day yesterday. This measures 51 x 60, lap size, and I'll finish it up for Hands to Help and donate it.
Busy Pink Plus
Stash Report: I know, February doesn't end until tomorrow. A LQS is having a 29% off sale tomorrow, and I plan to shop for backing for a WIP. I'll count it in March.
February IN: 4-3/4 yds from CSQ Fabric Swap
February OUT: 19-1/4 yards (1/4 yd for Bee blocks for Jo; 12 yds to CSQ Fabric swap; 1 yd Flying Geese UFO to fabric swap; 2-1/2 yds for Framed 9 Patch UFO flimsy; 3-1/2 yds for Busy Pink Plus top)
YTD IN: 9-1/8 yds
YTD OUT: 36-1/4 yds
YTD Net Change: 27-1/8 yards out. Yay!
Depending on how much damage I do in Paducah in April, and how many finishes I can manage this year, I may actually have a chance of breaking even this year.
February update: This was a tough month due to a lot of family obligations and other stuff going on. Hopefully I can spend more time sewing in March.
1. Finish one UFO to a flimsy. DONE - Framed Nine Patch
2. Prep for teaching Cut & Shuffle class on 2/20. DONE
3. Organize project(s) for sew-in 2/27. Done - at the last minute! Good thing an already-organized WIP was left over from a retreat in October.
4. Layer & pin-baste one top. Not done.
5. Prep for trunk show March 2. Planned but not packed yet.
6. Keep up with Bee Blocks. 2/3 done but still need to finish blocks due March 1.
1. Quilt and bind Framed 9 Patch UFO (for baby gift)
2. Piece backing from stash for Busy Pink Plus
3. Quilt and bind Busy Pink Plus
4. Keep up with bee blocks
I'm having a small outpatient surgery on my wrist in March so I don't know how much I'll be able to get done later in the month. Hopefully I can get at least these goals accomplished. If possible I'd like to layer and pin baste at least one more WIP.
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times