But first, a finish!
Yesterday was an all day sew-in with my Sew Bee It bee at a LQS. It was great to spend all day sewing with friends! I was able to finish two bee blocks for Jo and finish a top that was started at a retreat back in October. I'm calling it the Busy Pink Plus. It's a stash-busting project to use up some scraps, small bits and partial FQs of a lot of prints. Jo took the photo for me at the end of our sewing day yesterday. This measures 51 x 60, lap size, and I'll finish it up for Hands to Help and donate it.
Busy Pink Plus
Stash Report: I know, February doesn't end until tomorrow. A LQS is having a 29% off sale tomorrow, and I plan to shop for backing for a WIP. I'll count it in March.
February IN: 4-3/4 yds from CSQ Fabric Swap
February OUT: 19-1/4 yards (1/4 yd for Bee blocks for Jo; 12 yds to CSQ Fabric swap; 1 yd Flying Geese UFO to fabric swap; 2-1/2 yds for Framed 9 Patch UFO flimsy; 3-1/2 yds for Busy Pink Plus top)
YTD IN: 9-1/8 yds
YTD OUT: 36-1/4 yds
YTD Net Change: 27-1/8 yards out. Yay!
Depending on how much damage I do in Paducah in April, and how many finishes I can manage this year, I may actually have a chance of breaking even this year.
February update: This was a tough month due to a lot of family obligations and other stuff going on. Hopefully I can spend more time sewing in March.
1. Finish one UFO to a flimsy. DONE - Framed Nine Patch
2. Prep for teaching Cut & Shuffle class on 2/20. DONE
3. Organize project(s) for sew-in 2/27. Done - at the last minute! Good thing an already-organized WIP was left over from a retreat in October.
4. Layer & pin-baste one top. Not done.
5. Prep for trunk show March 2. Planned but not packed yet.
6. Keep up with Bee Blocks. 2/3 done but still need to finish blocks due March 1.
1. Quilt and bind Framed 9 Patch UFO (for baby gift)
2. Piece backing from stash for Busy Pink Plus
3. Quilt and bind Busy Pink Plus
4. Keep up with bee blocks
I'm having a small outpatient surgery on my wrist in March so I don't know how much I'll be able to get done later in the month. Hopefully I can get at least these goals accomplished. If possible I'd like to layer and pin baste at least one more WIP.
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times
Looks like you have planned just enough to keep you hopping in March. Good luck with your surgery.ReplyDelete
Congratulations on the finish and a full day of sewing with friends. That sounds really lovely. And your stash report is going so well this year. :)ReplyDelete
Love your pink plus quilt! So cute!ReplyDelete
Good luck on your trunk show :)ReplyDelete
You are doing good so far. Have fun shopping!ReplyDelete