Thursday, February 11, 2021

Not Quite Finished...

 ...but getting closer. I found a grey in my stash that works for the sashing. And just for a pop of color I found an orange for the cornerstones. 

I'll trim it up and get rid of the excess points.  Because it's all bias edges, it needs a border. There's enough of the grey sashing fabric left for a 2" border all around, same width as the sashing. That will bring the top to 44 x 64".  

Maybe a finished flimsy next week? 

Linking up with Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts

8 comments:

  1. The orange cornerstones really pop. My biggest question is if you'll be happy enough with just the one grey border. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! The gray is perfect and the orange a great compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the first almost-quilt-top from your new sewing room! This one is classic and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is SEW much more interesting than the quilt top that I imagined when you shared the blocks. Well done, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! The orange really pops!!! Some guy is going to love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that pop of orange - I love it - its kinda a Colorado Sunset now!!! Love where you are going with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this design! So you're not going to do setting triangles? That should make a quick finish, hopefully.

    Just finished piecing a top using some of your green cut-and-shuffle orphan blocks. They are the perfect alternate block for some orphan embroidered flower blocks!

    ReplyDelete