Friday, August 23, 2024

The Referee Stripe Quilt

Earlier this month I had time booked on PCQ's long arm and I was able to quilt the Referee Stripe top that I pieced at retreat in July. 

Yes, it's bold, wild and crazy, and very vibrant. I love how this quilt turned out! 

The piecing design using half-hexies made of strips combined with a bold referee stripe was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest attributed only to "Kathy." Thanks, Kathy whoever-you-are, for the inspiration. I already have another striped fabric in mind to make the same pattern. 

The back is a combination of black and white prints from my stash, cobbled together. 

This quilt will eventually go to a local family services agency where it will be perfect for a teenager. But first, I'm going to hold onto it and display it in PCQ's quilt show in the winter, then donate it afterward. 

Referee Stripe, 62 x 78"

Linking up with Alycia Quilts 8/23 and My Quilt Infatuation 8/29

8 comments:

  1. I didn't see the hexagons until you mentioned them. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun quilt. Brilliant use of striped fabric. Wait, I'm assuming the fabric is a stripe and you didn't piece all of those stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bold and bright. Congrats on such a fun finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZing quilt. Quilts don't have to be complicate to be striking. You have one fine example of that. Congrats! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheerful quilt. Sure to bring a smile to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and bright quilt. I'm sure it will find a home where it will be loved and appreciated. Congratulations on the finish and thanks so much for linking up with Favorite Finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring, cheerful quilt! And I love your backing design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - that is a SUPER cool one!!!

    ReplyDelete