Friday, July 31, 2026

Catching Up

 July has been such a busy month, on both the quilting front and life in general, that I'm behind in posting progress and finished projects. So let's catch up. 

The Mary's Triangles top that I pieced and donated for someone else to quilt was claimed by Linda who quilted and bound it. 

I had some leftover Mary's Triangles but not enough for another quilt, so prior to retreat I made some more with black and white prints, laid them out, and kitted them up to work on at retreat if I had time. I had time to sew the blocks into rows, and since I got home I've sewn the rows together. Like the first one, this is baby or wheelchair size, so it can go to Luke AFB for a young family or to Hospice.


 Earlier in July I pieced a couple more wheelchair quilts to use up some magenta purple wide backing fabric from Edna. Here are the tops before they were quilted. I quilted them on the long arm a couple days ago but haven't bound them yet. There was enough of the same fabric to quilt the two tops side-by-side. 



I think I'm all caught up now...






6 comments:

  1. You have been very busy! That's a lot of great progress on donation quilts in a single month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely "catching up" quilt finishes;))) I especially like your Luke AFB quilt--those
    black and white prints are just perfect with the rainbow colors...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s striking how different the two Mary’s triangle quilts look. You’ve had a productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both quilts made with the triangles. The black/white blocks added to the second one work great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all pretty quilts but the black and white with fun bright colors really caught my eye. Would you mind sharing your size blocks, it's a great scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty quilts, especially the 2 Mary's Triangles projects. You had a very productive July in spite of all that was going on.

    ReplyDelete