Sunday, April 13, 2014

Stash Report 4/13/13

I stayed away from fabric shops and on-line temptations this week. I thought I was doing so well! But then I checked out the freebie table at STLMQG and came away with 5/8 yard.

I also stayed out of the sewing room this week until yesterday. The only thing I can count out is 1/8 yard for a bee block, and that's counting generously. I'm giving the block's owner a leftover piece of one of the fabrics I used so she can use it elsewhere in her quilt for continuity.

I'll total up the April ins and outs at the end of the month. With Paducah coming up soon, I'm sure it will be a month of way more in than out.

Here's why I stayed out of the sewing room:
Jan, Dad, Carol 4/10/14
 
My sister & I went to Arizona to visit my dad. He has advanced dementia and lives in an assisted living home there. We found him in better shape than we expected to. He didn't recognize us except that he understood we were there to visit him. He's always been a talker (huge understatement!) and he was talking quite a bit, but it's extremely difficult to understand him and whatever he says doesn't make any sense anyway. It was good that Carol and I went together, it's easier than going alone. We got to visit our brother while we were out there, too.
 
In other exciting news, I won a handmade glass soap dish & hand made soap from Vicki Welsh at Field Trips in Fiber - check out the link. How cool is that! Her glass soap dishes are lovely, and the blue & white one will go with my new bathroom. Thank you Vicki!!!
 
 
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out everyone else's stash reports over there. 

3 comments:

  1. Missed your blogging. Isn't dementia the pits? I'm glad you had a chance to see your dad in good health and apparently in good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks handsome and happy to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your picture I was all "they are so lucky to have their dad" and then I read about the dementia. Such a horrible, horrible disease. I lost my mom years before she died 10 years ago. It's the saddest thing. You are lucky to have a sibling to share it all with.

    ReplyDelete