Friday, November 24, 2017

Original Log Cabin Triangles Finished

Whoo-hoo! No longer a UFO!

The blocks for this were made about a year and a half ago, and the top center was assembled at camp. But it was a not-very-useful size, 54" x 63" and I didn't have any more of the colors to make more blocks. So it sat in UFO status for awhile.

I finally found the perfect fabric for a border to make it larger, while I was in Florida in September.

Perfect! The addition of the borders brought the top up to 66" x 75" which is a better size for a throw. 

Some spiral quilting, around and around...

I used the same border fabric for the binding.

The back is a remnant of grey Wide Screen. It was too long and narrow so I pieced it to the right size along with a piece of another grey print to fill in the corner. 

Nice to be able to add this to the finished pile! And I get to cross it off the UFO list - Whoo-hoo!

If you're interested, the Log Cabin Triangle block pattern is available as a tutorial here


  1. Congrats on a very pretty finish! And congrats on getting one off the UFO list, that always feels good.

  2. Love your low volume with the drool worthy purple and blues, great design great finish. Congratulations.

  3. It turned out beautifully! Congratulations on finding the perfect fabric to drive this to a finish. :)

  4. It looks great Jan. And you know that anything PURPLE is always welcomed at my house. Great find for the border fabric.

  5. It looks wonderful! Congratulations on the very pretty finish :)