Friday, April 5, 2019

The Red Project...

...is possibly coming down the home stretch as far as piecing the top is concerned. The goal for March was to add the outer dark blue border to all four sides. Done. Since this project is now too large to fit on the design wall, here it is folded in fourths. Since I won't be at April AFS, this post will have to serve as my proof that I worked on this project in March.

And yes, the borders are attached to all four sides.


The goal for April is to find fabric for the final outer border. I want a deep red large-scale paisley and I'll need 3-1/2 yards of it. I have something I thought might work but it's too brown, I don't like it at all. I'll look for something while I'm in Paducah. Wish me luck! And if you have any suggestions, let me know.

I'll also be looking for backing while I'm in Paducah. Maybe a red toile if I can find one that's not too white. Again, suggestions welcome.


5 comments:

  1. Good luck on the fabric hunt in Paducah -- HOP is likely your best bet but then one never knows what the smaller shops on the way to/from might have either. Reds are so tricky - too brown, too orange, too blue, too whatever. Real reds are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find just what you are looking for in Paducah! Do you plan to take some scrap with you for color comparison?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can't find the PERFECT fabric in Paducah, it probably doesn't exist!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt just makes me want to buy some watermelon and have a picnic!

    ReplyDelete