Wednesday, July 1, 2020

June Stash Report and Goals Update

Seems like whether I feel motivated or not, I have a lot of time at home so I've been sewing a lot. So much so that I needed to refresh my stash this month, but that helped revive my sewing mojo. I finished piecing and/or quilted several projects this month, so it was a productive month in the sewing room. I purchased this cute little bird print...

 ...and this is what became of it: 
Little Birds top

June Stash Report
IN this month: 13-1/8 yards (3-1/2 yards from QF.  7-3/8 yards wide backing from Backside Fabrics. 2-1/4 yards solid Kona colors.)
OUT this month: 10-1/2 yards (Basket Weave top (my fabrics only) 4 yards. Round Robin top 2-3/4 yards per EQ and binding 3/8 yard. Little Birds top 2-1/2 yards per EQ. Sea Glass backing 1-3/8 yards and binding 3/8 yard.)
IN YTD: 42-5/8 yards
OUT YTD: 77-1/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 38-5/8 yards out
 
Basket Weave Bee Blocks top

Still far more out than in; no wonder my stash was looking a little boring to me.

Sea Glass baby quilt

Goals: 

June Recap
1. Finish piecing Bright Strippy Spiral. DONE, photos Friday. 
2. Talk to Sandy about quilting How Many and Corona Medallion; get and/or prep backings. Yes, talked to Sandy and she's on board. Custom dyed backing from Vicki Welsh for How Many is on order, due to be shipped in late July (her dye order is on backorder). Still need to piece the backing for Corona Medallion.
3. If possible, start quilting Color Spoke Puzzle. No, my friend hasn't been able to place an order for notions including my invisible thread yet. 
4. Layer, baste and quilt Sea Glass baby quilt. DONE. 
5. Finish piecing basket weave bee blocks top. DONE.
6. Design something new and complicated to piece. DONE, created a Jen Kingwell block variation, pieced the block, added to it round-robin style, quilted and bound it for a baby quilt.
Other: bought fabric, pieced another baby quilt top (little birds) 

Round Robin baby quilt

July Goals:
1. Piece backing for Corona Medallion. If backing for How Many arrives, ship everything to Sandy for quilting. 
2. Find fabric, piece backing, baste and quilt Warm Strippy Spiral. 
3. Quilt Little Birds baby quilt. 
4. Plan a more complicated quilt and start piecing it. 
5. Piece and quilt another baby quilt.
6. Find a UFO to work on and move it forward.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of time for sewing in July, so we'll see what I can get done. I'm very glad to have an outlet for baby quilts (Operation Shower) because there are already too many quilts piled up around here. 




1 comment:

  1. The Little Birds top came together well and is a lot of fun! I am glad you were able to get in a bit of stash replenishment.

    ReplyDelete