Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Finish: Scrappy Celebration 3, Patriotic

Back in December the "hive" that's been making Scrappy Celebration blocks finished the patriotic ones, and Linda assembled the top. I had some yardage of wide backing in the right colors, so I passed it to her for the back. Last week she quilted and finished it. 

 

photo credit: Linda L. 

Like our other Scrappy Celebration quilts, SC3 will be a donation quilt. It's approximately 63 x 81" for a large throw. 

Did it bust any scraps? Didn't make a dent. I had so little red, white, and blue in my own stash that the girls shared theirs with me. I've ended up with more R-W-B scraps than I started with! 


Linking up with Alycia Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

7 comments:

  1. Really like this R,W, &B one! Your hive has been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how scraps reproduce over night. Has your group ever contribute work to Quilts of Valor? This quilt looks perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fun finish. Not fair that you ended with more scraps then when you started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish! I have a few blocks done and got off the bandwagon. Your finish is inspiring me to get back on!

    ReplyDelete