Monday, July 28, 2014

DWM 7/28/14: Prepping for Retreat


Today instead of my design wall, I have stuff spread out all over my sewing room. I'm gathering together all the things I want to take to work on at Girl Scout camp retreat.

First there are the parts for the sample of Kristin's quilt. Easy piecing, just a lot of 5" square patches. I'm bringing along a flannel-backed tablecloth so I can lay out the colors in the correct order.
Baggie with pieces for sample for Kristen's quilt

Next are the parts and pieces for the CSQ 30-Something challenge, due in October. This requires more attention and care because there's machine applique as well as piecing involved.  We'll see how much I actually get done on this one. If I'm too distracted I'll leave it for at home when I can concentrate.
30-Something challenge all kitted up

For a change from piecing, I'm bringing along a charity quilt to finish. Here are the front, backing, and binding. I'll get it layered and pin-basted this week so it'll be ready to go by Friday.
Charity quilt parts
Here's what the front of it looks like:
Charity quilt front

And if time permits, I can bind this one. I do all of my binding by machine, no hand sewing.
Ready for binding
Here's part of the front of it:
Blue baby quilt

I think I'll have plenty to do to keep me busy! Linking up today with Judy at Patchwork Times, where you can see what everyone else is working on.



2 comments:

  1. That is a lot to keep you busy! Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Did you get most of those projects done that you took with you?? Cute charity quilts.

    ReplyDelete

So sorry to have to use word verification, but the spam has gotten unbearable lately.