Friday, July 3, 2015

Show Ribbon

My guild produces a month-long quilt show every other year called The Quintessential Quilt. It's a juried and judged show with prizes. Award-winning quilts also get show ribbons, which our members make.

I signed up to make a red one this year. It's due at our July meeting.
Show Award Ribbon
 
It's just a little finish this week (the glue is still drying, that's why the clips are still there). We use old computer discs to build these show ribbons. You should see how creative some of them are, with thread work or applique or tiny piecing. Only the first place (blue) and best of show (purple) get ruffles around the edge, so to finish off mine, I added a little touch of piping.

In other happenings around here, I finally decided that the placement of all my geese on the wall was good enough. Scroll down to the previous post below to see them on the wall. I packed them all up in a batch for each row and labeled them so I can piece them together at quilt camp at the end of the month. Here's what 390 flying geese look like all stacked together:
Rows of Flying Geese, Bundled and Packed
 
I guess this will keep me busy at quilt camp! 
 
Link ups today:
Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts

3 comments:

  1. I would think so! I like the idea of building the ribbon on a disc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just doesn't seem like that much work should fit in such a small place. It always amazes me how little it takes to make a whole quilt. It's so much more than the sum of its parts. (Love that arrangement.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The geese quilt is going to be BEAUTIFUL!! Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete