Monday, June 20, 2016

So Much Accomplished at Camp!

My friend Chrissy invited me to a private retreat at a camp where she was the supervisor for the weekend. The supervisor's quarters are spacious, and between her official duties, she has time to hang out and sew. Her sister, a scrap-booker, was also there, so we had craft stuff all over the place. I took several projects along and sewed all weekend.

Friends, food, sewing, what could be better?!!!

My main goal was to get PAussietivity pieced to a flimsy. Done! Here it is hanging on our makeshift design wall at camp.
PAussietivity flimsy, 60" x 60"

I made it exactly like the original. I love that Aussie print, and I wish now that I had made the outer border 6" wide instead of 4" wide, to show off more of that print. Oh well, too late now. But it's done!  6 yards used.

I also worked on a UFO that was previously kitted up. Several years ago we had a challenge at STLMQG to choose a magazine image as inspiration, then your swap partner would select some fabrics based on that image for you. I no longer have the image, but my partner certainly nailed the inspiration. Here's the flimsy I was able to finish at camp. The fabrics from my swap partner are the large quadrants in the blocks, plus I added a few more prints from stash. 3-5/8 yards used. This will make a nice baby quilt or donation quilt. Any suggestions for a name for it?
UFO flimsy, 44" x 44"

Finally, I worked on the rest of my previously started LC Triangles. I finished all the blocks I had pre-cut. We played with layouts at camp:
Log Cabin Triangles, four layouts

I forgot to photograph the last layout at camp, but I rolled the whole thing up to bring it home and hung it on my design wall this morning for a photo. I like this layout best.


I don't have any more of the colored fabrics. If I use only these blocks, the resulting quilt will be 54" by 63" but I'd like to make it bigger. To make more blocks, I'll have to introduce a new color to the palette, maybe teal, and come up with a layout that will work. I have plenty of the low volume fabrics left so I can make more blocks that are consistent with the existing ones. I'm going to pack this project away - with notes - until the next sew-in or retreat. Then I'll find two suitable teal prints and kit up pieces for more blocks.

It was great to get away at camp for the weekend. I came home yesterday afternoon and wished my DH Happy Father's Day. He's so thoughtful - he went grocery shopping and made congri for dinner so I wouldn't have to cook when I got home.

Then I found that we didn't have any internet connection. Ugh! No internet, no U-verse TV, no house phone. After dealing with customer service for an hour last night, we ended up having a technician come out today. He replaced wiring, outside box, basement box, and modem, reset everything, and now - finally! - I'm back on line.

So, no stash report yesterday. I'll catch up today:
IN this week, 1/2 yard (two colors of Grunge)
OUT this week, 9-5/8 yards for the two flimsies finished at camp.
I'll total everything at the end of the month and see how close to breaking even I am for the year. If I can end the first half of the year at net zero, I should do well for the rest of the year.

Linking up with Patchwork Times

8 comments:

  1. What a lot of productivity! How about City Squares for a name for the quilt? It looks like blocks or neighborhoods in a city to me, so any play on that would be what I would play with for a name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lots accomplished! Love PAussietivity (that's hard to write). I was thinking like Yvonne, maybe "Around the Block" for the baby quilt. I tend to favor off-center settings for log cabin. I think you could easily introduce more colors to make it bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time and your quilts are beautiful. I especially love all the different layouts for your LCT quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun and progress! I love the last quilt the most...just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did get a lot done. PAussietivity turned out beautifully. Your triangle quilt is very fun. Hope you get lots done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your PAussietivity flimsy! and your baby / donation quilt - sorry, no name inspiration... I definitely agree with your final layout for the LC triangles quilt - and I'm eager to see it with the teal blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your PAussietivity flimsy! and your baby / donation quilt - sorry, no name inspiration... I definitely agree with your final layout for the LC triangles quilt - and I'm eager to see it with the teal blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time at camp and all of your flimsies look beautiful! PAussietivity is really neat!

    ReplyDelete

So sorry to have to use word verification, but the spam has gotten unbearable lately.