My main goal was to get PAussietivity pieced to a flimsy. Done! Here it is hanging on our makeshift design wall at camp.
PAussietivity flimsy, 60" x 60"
I made it exactly like the original. I love that Aussie print, and I wish now that I had made the outer border 6" wide instead of 4" wide, to show off more of that print. Oh well, too late now. But it's done! 6 yards used.
I also worked on a UFO that was previously kitted up. Several years ago we had a challenge at STLMQG to choose a magazine image as inspiration, then your swap partner would select some fabrics based on that image for you. I no longer have the image, but my partner certainly nailed the inspiration. Here's the flimsy I was able to finish at camp. The fabrics from my swap partner are the large quadrants in the blocks, plus I added a few more prints from stash. 3-5/8 yards used. This will make a nice baby quilt or donation quilt. Any suggestions for a name for it?
UFO flimsy, 44" x 44"
Finally, I worked on the rest of my previously started LC Triangles. I finished all the blocks I had pre-cut. We played with layouts at camp:
Log Cabin Triangles, four layouts
I forgot to photograph the last layout at camp, but I rolled the whole thing up to bring it home and hung it on my design wall this morning for a photo. I like this layout best.
I don't have any more of the colored fabrics. If I use only these blocks, the resulting quilt will be 54" by 63" but I'd like to make it bigger. To make more blocks, I'll have to introduce a new color to the palette, maybe teal, and come up with a layout that will work. I have plenty of the low volume fabrics left so I can make more blocks that are consistent with the existing ones. I'm going to pack this project away - with notes - until the next sew-in or retreat. Then I'll find two suitable teal prints and kit up pieces for more blocks.
It was great to get away at camp for the weekend. I came home yesterday afternoon and wished my DH Happy Father's Day. He's so thoughtful - he went grocery shopping and made congri for dinner so I wouldn't have to cook when I got home.
Then I found that we didn't have any internet connection. Ugh! No internet, no U-verse TV, no house phone. After dealing with customer service for an hour last night, we ended up having a technician come out today. He replaced wiring, outside box, basement box, and modem, reset everything, and now - finally! - I'm back on line.
So, no stash report yesterday. I'll catch up today:
IN this week, 1/2 yard (two colors of Grunge)
OUT this week, 9-5/8 yards for the two flimsies finished at camp.
I'll total everything at the end of the month and see how close to breaking even I am for the year. If I can end the first half of the year at net zero, I should do well for the rest of the year.
Linking up with Patchwork Times