Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Christmas Tree

You may remember that back in July I participated in the "12 Days of Christmas in July" blog hop hosted by Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. My contribution to the blog hop was the Christmas tree wall hanging I made for my son.

His home doesn't have space for an actual tree, and with three cats and a toddler, a real one isn't wise anyway. So a wall hanging on which he can hang real ornaments would solve the problem.

The plan was to give it to him at Thanksgiving, but due to his work schedule he doesn't think he'll be able to come for Thanksgiving. He was here this past weekend, so I gave it to him then. He really, really, really likes it.

It occurred to me that there's still time for anyone who wants one of these to make one before the holiday decorating season. It's actually pretty fast and easy.

Here's a link to the tutorial, if you're interested. It's easy, pieced in rows and straight line quilted.

Then stitched loops are added to hang the ornaments.

When I posted this in July, a lot of people commented that it would be great for a nursing home resident's room, or a dorm room. Now's the time to start making one so it'll be ready to decorate for the Christmas season. 

If you make one, I'd love to see photos. I hope you like your Christmas tree hanging as much as my son likes his. 


Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts



7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted about this again! It isn't too soon to start the holiday quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect idea!!! So much better than sweeping needles (from a real tree) and storage issues with a fake one. I'll go take a look at the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another win for Jan. You're batting 1000 lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice when you make something that someone really appreciates? So glad your son loved it and thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun gift. Hopefully he'll send you pictures this holiday and we can see it in it's new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remember this tutorial! Time to look at it again. It would work really well as a tree on our boat, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete