A scrappy baby quilt top. This is made from some of the scraps I picked up at the scrap scramble at retreat, plus some leftovers from Ben's baby quilt, leftover backing from something else, and bits of partial FQs from stash.
This will be a donation, either as is (top only) or finished quilt. Meanwhile, it was fun to pull some prints together and play with them. I may have to do this kind of playing more often.
Since it's a finished flimsy, I can count the fabric used in my October stash report. October was an excellent month for finishes and therefore for fabric out.
October Stash Report:
IN this month: 7-1/4 yards (from Sew Me STL swap, scrap scramble, and donated by other members; binding for flannel quilt)
OUT: 19-3/8 yards (Backing for flannel quilt - 2-1/2 yds (plus shirt parts); Binding for flannel quilt - 5/8 yard. Solstice flimsy, 7-1/4 yds. Sew Me STL swap, 7/8 yds. Nine Patch Stars QOV flimsy, 6-3/8 yds. Scrappy baby quilt top for donation, 1-3/4 yds)
IN YTD: 102-3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 127-7/8 yards
Net Change: 25-1/8 yards OUT
Best year yet for stash usage since I've been keeping track!
1. Assemble Nine Patch Stars QOV top at Sew Me STL. DONE
2. Make HSTs for donation quilt at Sew Me STL. Done - Assembled as many as possible given the available cut pieces but ran out of lights. Cut more lights and finished the HSTs later.
3. Cut and work on sashing strips for Solstice Challenge blocks. DONE. Made all the sashing strips, made nine patch cornerstones, and completely finished the Solstice flimsy.
4. Make one Dresden block and one Checkerboard block for the red project. DONE
5. Work on WIVSP hand piecing project. Stitched more than an hour of hand sewing.
6. Bind Gary's Flannel Quilt. DONE
7. Add borders to Original LCT top. Not done.
8. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE.
9. Work on improv project from Jean Wells book. Not done.
Other: Made scrappy baby quilt top
Wow, having so much time to sew at Sew Me STL helped me get a lot accomplished this month! The Nine Patch Stars top was assembled at retreat and the sashings for Solstice were started. Then later this month the entire Solstice flimsy was completed. And Gary's flannel quilt came back from the quilter and got bound. It's been a very good month for finishes!
Nine Patch Stars QOV Top
Gary's Flannel Quilt
1. Plan and write tutorial for Sew Bee It bee block for November, to hand out at Nov. 11 meeting.
2. Write and post tutorial for Nine Patch Stars QOV.
3. Make one Dresden block and one Checkerboard block for the red project.
4. Add borders to Original LCT top.
5. Work on WIVSP hand piecing project.
6. Make one scrappy donation top to play with fabrics & use up stash.
7. Keep up with bee blocks.
8. Work on improv project from Jean Wells book.
Looking forward to another productive month in the sewing room, but I'm sure I can't top October for finishes.
Link ups: Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
Love Laugh Quilt