Monday, October 23, 2017

Sashing and Cornerstones

After retreat last week, the Solstice project looked like this: 
blocks with sashing sewn into rows.

Since then I made 30 little nine patches for cornerstones.

The rest of the sashing strips are sewn but not all cut to length. 

I used up all I had of the light fabric in the sashing, 
so I found something else for the cornerstones. 
It's used elsewhere in some of the blocks, 
so it still looks fine with the rest of the quilt top. 

Goal for this week: get the rows all sewn together for a finished flimsy. 


Link ups: 



7 comments:

  1. This is coming along nicely. What a nice variety of blocks in this top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be a beautiful quilt. I just love the colors and fabrics you used. The end result with be so peaceful and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this style of sashing and cornerstones. Very, very pretty. You have a gorgeous finish about to show off! Found you on Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are moving right along with getting the Solstice project into a finished flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress! Love your solution to the lack of light fabric. I think it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely - when the picture popped up I actually smiled in appreciation! Congratulations on such a lovely quilt! Your cornerstones and sashing will be icing on the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete