Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Yes, This Is Going to Work

While I was in Florida I found new sashing fabric for my Solstice Challenge blocks. Here it is photographed under incandescent light which is very warm light. While all the colors have a warm cast, the olive doesn't flare brown, which was a problem with the first sashing fabric I bought.

The plan is to sash the quilt like this: 

Yes, the new sashing fabric will work nicely. I had just enough of the light background fabric left for the center strips. For the 9-patch cornerstones, I'll use another light fabric that was used elsewhere in the blocks.

The photo below was taken under Ott light which imitates daylight, a much cooler light. The olive and the pale green look much greener here but both flare consistently so they're okay together no matter what kind of light they're seen in. The pale green is the same fabric that's used for the background in the blocks above.

Yes, this is going to work, and I've already cut strips so I can work on the sashing at retreat this weekend.


Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    Ooh, that fabric looks perfect. I love the nine-patch cornerstones! It will be so darn cute when it is finished. It pulls the green out in those fabrics that have a hint of green in them so nicely. Can't wait to see this as it progresses. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn so much from your color analysis. I don't think I've paid attention specifically to the differences in how my quilts will look in warmer or cooler light, but your posts show how important that is, especially for quilts that might be given away to be used in an unknown environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to find something that worked well. I like you proposed setting plan.

    ReplyDelete