Friday, January 19, 2018

Whoo-hoo! Back from the Quilter!

"So Inclined" is a UFO from 2014 which was a bee project. The girls in Sew Bee It (STLMQG) made blocks for me and the top sat unfinished for a long time. 

My friend Sandy quilted it. I asked her for modern, no feathers, and she nailed it. The blocks feature an inclined strip of wedges, and four blocks together sort of spin. Sandy enhanced the spin, and I couldn't be more pleased! 

The back: 

I need to get binding fabric, bind it, and then I'll show the whole thing. I've never blogged about this one, so there's a story to tell. Several stories, actually. 


9 comments:

  1. How awesome that the quilting enhances the piecing. I look forward to reading the stories behind this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, the quilting is perfect. Congrats on a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the story/stories... and a better look at the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Sandy did a fantastic job on the quilting and your piecing looks great too. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be neat to see!! I recognize a couple fabrics that I have in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always fun to get an older project to the almost finished point. The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sneak peek! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see a photo of the whole quilt. Love the prints!

    ReplyDelete