Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Little of This and a Little of That...

... adds up to progress on several projects.

This is the layout I ended up with for the January donation top. I'm in the process of sewing the rows together so hopefully it'll be a finished flimsy shortly. It's nice to have some easy piecing in between making Pickle Dish blocks.


I also worked on some bee blocks for Patti. She gave fabric and instructions for making templates and Drunkard's Path blocks. I hadn't seen Drunkard's Path with snowballed corners before so I'm looking forward to seeing this all come together.


One of my goals each month is to make a Dresden Plate block for my First Saturday project. I chain pieced enough blades for a couple of blocks, and this is what they looked like before I cut them apart to press them.


And finally, I pulled out Roman Road to figure out what it needs to move from UFO status to finished flimsy. It needs the borders finished. Here's where it was left off after Sew Me STL in October 2016. Yes, that long ago. But hey, give me some credit for getting it out to work on!

Quite the mish-mash of quilty stuff going on here!
Check out what others are working on over at Sew Fresh Quilts.


5 comments:

  1. Those Drunkard's Path blocks with snowballed corners are really interesting! Good for you, dragging out that UFO. Hopefully seeing it laid out on your wall again has inspired you to want to finish it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little of this and a little of that adds up to a whole lot! Snowballing corners can be a fun way to change up a block. I hope you can share how it comes together for Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun stuff. Variety is the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. The donation quilt is really coming together. The Drunkard's Path is interesting with the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays, I like all the projects you are working on. I too, like variety, and work on several things at the same time. Would you please edit your post to include a link back to my blog? Perhaps you missed my request to post a link to my blog on your post. Thanks! Judy Hansen at
    http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/01/design-wall-monday-january-22-2018.html

    ReplyDelete