This is what I've been doing with it:
Actually I made a top using these blocks and Kona Bone where the brown is. It's pretty, but kind of expected. So I made the same top again using the brown, which is Kona Cappuccino.
Two tops. That means I need two backings and I have two WIPs to quilt.
Inspiration: sandwich the two tops back to back and have a totally reversible quilt:
OK, it was a challenge to get it perfectly matched. I used tacks up through the bottom layer at the block intersections, and I aligned the top layer over them and pushed the tacks through all layers. Then I carefully aligned the outside edges and pinned at all the seams.
I quilted with a simple (ha ha) meander, using a thread color that would complement both sides.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS!
With back-to-back matching tops, all the seams stack up. In some places there are 12 or more layers of fabric in a small area, and trying to quilt over them on my domestic machine was a nightmare. It got bogged down, then jumped; didn't slide easily; and just generally didn't cooperate at all. Very disappointing.
Oh, well. I hope to get the binding on and finished this week. Pattern in work; hopefully I can progress on that next week.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced; check out all the other inspiring projects in work over there.