Monday, August 11, 2014

DWM 8/11/14 - What I'm working on this week:

Yesterday I worked on new First Saturday blocks. The Quilted Fox started a new BOM series this month with a "Fox in the Forest" theme. I really like this. I love the colors; they go great with the décor in my family room. Each month there are kits for a Main Block (the leaf) and two Alternate Blocks. At the end of the year we'll have 36 blocks for at least a 72" quilt, depending on the setting options.
QF First Saturday Blocks

Must do this week: get the special baby quilt quilted and bound. It's pinned and ready to go but I'm still dithering over how to quilt it. I need to quit procrastinating and just do it. It will be a combination of walking foot and FMQ meander quilting in pale green thread to match the background (which looks a bit washed out in this photo). The backing is the same forest critter print as the front, with more of the same for binding.
Special Baby Quilt Ready for Quilting

Also in work, my 30-Something challenge, due in October, to commemorate my guild's 30th anniversary. I'm only showing part of it here. I'm still playing with color layout; it will flow from light in the center to darker around the edges. I really need to get going on this if I'm going to finish it in time.
Layout in Progress
 
Looks like I have plenty on my plate for this week!

Check out Patchwork Times for more quilty inspiration.






3 comments:

  1. Your BOM blocks are beautiful! The fall colors are just lovely... but I'm not wishing for fall yet! :) Looking forward to seeing your completed baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a busy and productive quilter! The special baby quilt fabric really speaks to me, and I hope you have a lot of fun quilting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fox in the Forest BOM is going to be lovely with the beautiful fall colors.

    ReplyDelete