Friday, May 29, 2015

Book Update

After many requests, I still haven't heard anything from AQS about when my book will be published, nor have they sent me an image of the cover.

Earlier this week I received my quilts and photo samples back from them, except for one quilt that they're keeping for a year for promotional purposes. I also received the July/August issue of the AQS Catalog, which does not have my book in it. Really? As far out as August and still not available?


But today I found my book listed among the books on their website, so I grabbed a screen capture:
my book's cover
 
Their description is horrible (inaccurate, grammatically bad, and misleading) and it gives an availability date of August 18.
 
When AQS accepted my proposal back in December 2013, I was given a deadline of May 15, 2014 (five months) to have all my quilts, photo samples, written materials, placeholder images, etc. to  them. I was told at that time that my book would be published in Feb. 2015. I met my deadline, and I turned around my reviews within 2 days as required. 
 
But I guess six months past their date is okay for them....
 
 
Labyrinth, 60" x 72", one block in positive/negative colors
creating a tessellated effect
 
Positivity, 60" x 60", easy block featuring fat plus motif
with skinny plus motif sashing
 

Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry this has been such a trying experience for you. I hope you do hear back from them soon to help clarify what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your book has been a difficult process. I too am publishing a book - with Schiffer Publishing. It has taken almost exactly one year to publish my book, but this is exactly what they said it would be. They have been wonderful to work with - great editors and they have kept me informed every step of the way. They also gave me a lot of opportunity for input. I recommend them for your next book! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess you know not to publish with them again! On the upside, I would purchase the book just for that Labyrinth pattern. It looks like a wonderful one to make. Pretty cover, too. And look--it's on Amazon, so it must be for real! Congratulations! (http://smile.amazon.com/Cut-Shuffle-Quilts-Ochterbeck/dp/1604602090/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1432950106&sr=8-3&keywords=cut+and+shuffle+quilts)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the looks of Posivity. And your tessellated pattern. :) Sorry it has been so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Your book looks really good...see it through, learn and go on...with another publisher!!!

    ReplyDelete