Monday, May 2, 2016

Goals Update

Usually I post my goals update along with my month-end stash report, but I ran out of time yesterday, so the goals update had to wait 'til today. May is going to be like that - I have some family stuff etc. going on so sewing time will be limited. April was a very productive month, though.
 Black & Tan Quilt for Hands2Help

Framed Nine Patch top (without borders)

April Goals Recap:
1. Layer, baste, quilt and bind black & tan quilt for Hands2Help. DONE
2. Write tutorial for Framed Nine Patch
     a. Make new sample, with in-process photos. DONE
     b. Post part 1 on Apr. 6. DONE
     c. Post part 2 on Apr. 13. DONE    (If you're interested, you can find the Framed Nine Patch tutorial in the tutorial tab above, then click on the link.)
3. Make new demo samples for AQS Author Demo Booth, Paducah. DONE. Also made pillowcase-style bag to carry the small foam core boards in. 
4. Make one doll outfit. DONE
5. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
6. Have fun in Paducah. DONE!!! Oh, yeah, so much fun. 

Me, demonstrating blocks from Cut and Shuffle Quilts 
at AQS Quilt Week, Paducah

May Goals: 
1. Layer & baste at least one existing top. (If time permits, start quilting).
2. Prep backing for Maple Leaf Star top, and take top & backing to long arm quilter.
3. Plan a project to piece during Sew-In in June.
4. Make one outfit or accessory set for doll.
5. Keep up with bee blocks.

This is the Maple Leaf Star top that's going to the quilter this month. I don't know if she'll get it done this month, but at least it's percolating to the top of her list. Her list is usually several months out, and in early April she told me she'd be able to get to it soon but not until after Paducah. This quilt is destined to be a Christmas gift.
Maple Leaf Star, going to the quilter in May

So although I don't actually have anything on my design wall today, I certainly have plenty to keep me busy in May, so I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a very productive April indeed! I hope you enjoy family time and are able to find time for yourself and sewing in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a super productive April. Hopefully you can work in some stitching between all your events this month.

    ReplyDelete