L-R: Me, Julie, Cherie, Kevin
July Stash Report:
IN this month: 17-1/4 yards (Blues for snowball corners, 1-1/2 yards. Jackman's FQ sale - 4-3/4 yards. Gifted from Julie Sefton, 11 yards)
OUT this month: 10 yards (Heart Builders top #2, my fabrics, 3 yards. Heart Builders Top #3, all my fabrics, 4 yards. Binding for 2 Heart Builders quilts,7/8 yard. Cherie's Round Robin, 5/8 yard. July N4Nb quilt, excluding scrap pack and charm pack, 1-1/2 yards. )
IN YTD: 96-1/8 yards
OUT YTD: 80-1/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 16 yards added to stash
OK, so I have 16 yards to make up by the end of the year. There's still five months, so if I don't get carried away with more FQ sales, and if I finish some of the WIPs, I should still be able to break even.
Gift of backing fabrics from Julie
July Goals Recap:
1. Clean, make desserts, and host Piecing Group. DONE; hosted a smaller group than usual on July 3rd due to the holiday.
2. Assemble 2nd Heart Builders top and possible third top. Get all tops sent out to Heart Builders. DONE, three tops made, sent and received.
3. Add first borders to Pickle Dish top. Draft, cut, and start piecing second borders (to be paper pieced). DONE with slight change of plan; top and bottom first/second/third borders are pieced and assembled.
4. Get grandson's big boy bed quilt layered and basted; start quilting. Change of plan - Sent it out to be long arm quilted; due back in early September.
5. Piece and/or quilt another N4Nb quilt. DONE, using gift of Amy Smart's scraps plus remains of a Scrumptious charm pack.
6. Finalize post for 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop, to be featured on July 15. DONE
7. Snowball the corners of the Dresden blocks for the red project. DONE
8. Start working on baby quilt for new great-nephew due end of September. Yes, in progress, blocks made.
9. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project. Not touched - too much other hand piecing for Piecing Group blocks this month.
10. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE
12 Days of Christmas in July
Heart Builders Top #3
Pickle Dish Borders
July N4Nb quilt
1. Finish baby quilt for new great nephew.
2. Finish adding borders to Pickle Dish to complete the flimsy; order fabric for backing.
3. Make another N4Nb quilt.
4. Add centers to the Dresden blocks for the red project.
5. Hand sew on WIVSP Piecing Group Project.
6. Keep up with bee blocks.
7. Look at UFOs and WIPS and plan next one to be worked on.
Future baby quilt for great nephew #7 due in September
It's a shorter list than in July, but some of the items on it require more focus and more time. We'll see how much I can actually get done.
Link up: Sew Fresh Quilts