Monday, September 16, 2019

CCD Blocks

I can't believe it's halfway through September already! Time to get to work on my next donation project. Recently Wanda of Exuberant Color sent me some precut squares of bright kid-themed fabrics to use in donation quilts. They've been calling to me. Here are some I've picked out for a new project, along with some purple solids I picked up from the free table at STLMQG. Thank you Wanda and guild donor for making this palette possible.

Aren't they pretty?!!! Purple is so not my usual color, but I seem to be working with it a lot lately. I have another pale purple project kitted up to sew at retreat soon.

Have you seen all the cute little Chunky Churn Dash blocks popping up everywhere? I couldn't resist. I found a white-on-white with a text print in my stash that works, although it's hard to see in this photo. The 5" squares were easy to cut into quarters for the corners.

These little blocks are so easy but so cute.

Even better to chain piece them. They're kind of addictive....

I'll keep making blocks, and see how this project ends up.


Link ups:
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Moving it Forward Monday


9 comments:

  1. Those kid fabrics Wanda sent you are fabulous. I make all my kid quilts in bright colors (not baby pastels). This will be a happy quilt.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great block for your bright fun fabrics. The designs really show up in the 5" squares. It's going to make a very happy and cheerful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Those chunky churn dash blocks are adorable! What a great fabric donation. Keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for kid quilts! I love those CCD blocks. I used them for RSC for a couple of years till I had enough for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chunky Churndashes!! Those look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun fabrics! I have a chunk of the purple butterflies, too. It's very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are fun blocks. But 6" eek. I try for a little bigger block if the truth were known. On the other hand the 5" charms cut up to make that great little block. Must evaluate my fabric with this in mind! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purple is such a fun color to sew with, but it matches nothing in my house. Love your purple and white blocks. Looking forward to seeing what comes together in the end.

    ReplyDelete