My obsession with this project continued. I couldn't put it down until I got it finished.
It measures about 65" by 75" and it turned out surprisingly flat and square. I stay-stitched across the top and bottom to prevent the seams in the stripes from pulling open.
Some of the blocks were individual monthly assignments from STLMQG for skill building. Some of the blocks were added by me to fill out the layout. I used all but one of the assigned blocks in the final top; one was just too dark, heavy, and dull to play nicely with all the others.
I added a few extra blocks of my own choosing, including a Cut and Shuffle block, and a Scrappy Trips block. Since the purpose of the challenge was to learn and use new skills, I added an 8-point Lemoyne star made with Y-seams.
Now that this top is done, I can get back to working on other things that have been neglected while I've been so obsessed with this project.
Linking up with
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Wendy's Quilts and More