The top I made using Jaime's Have Faith block is finally finished. The blocks were made by the girls in our Sew Bee It bee. I planned to add pieced sashing to create additional plus motifs, and I worked on the components for it at STLMQG's retreat back in October. Finally in January I was able to get back to this project and finish piecing it together. Many thanks to Jaime for the block pattern and the girls in the bee for making the blocks.
The top finished at 62" by 76" for a large throw size.
For the sashing, I used low volume "bricks" cut 2-1/2" by 4-1/2". The Pluses in the sashing are accent color pieces cut 2-1/2" square and 2-1/2" by 6-1/2". Two bricks plus two accent squares make up the vertical sashing. The horizontal sashing is two bricks and a long accent piece laid out across the row. In this diagram, the sashing bricks are shown in white and the accent pluses are shown in black.
To complete the outer pluses, I added additional vertical sashings of three bricks each to the ends of each horizontal row of blocks before sewing the rows together. Then I added top and bottom borders with the final accent squares interspersed with three sashing bricks, and finished with LV 2-1/2" squares at the corners. (see bottom rows in flimsy photo above)
I'm hoping I'll be able to get this top quilted and finished this spring for a donation, but with all that's going on around here, I don't know if that will happen. I'm glad at least the top is finished!
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Wendy's Quilts and More
My Quilt Infatuation