Monday, June 1, 2020

May Stash Report and Goals Update

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that May felt like a weird month. I didn't stay focused on my goals very well, but I did finish a couple of small quilts.
Beach Baby for new grandma Valerie

May Stash Report:
IN this month: 3 yards (charcoal background for bright strippy spiral)
OUT this month: 6-3/8 yards (FG baby quilt binding, 3/8 yard.  Bee blocks, 1/4 yard. Green strippy (AKA Sea Glass) top, 2-1/4 yards. Pink Cats, top, backing and binding - 3-1/2 yards)

IN YTD: 29-1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 70-3/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 41-1/4 yards out

I'm so bored with my stash! I'm looking forward to the time when I can shop live for fabric again. Online fabric shopping has more often than not been a disappointment for me. 

Flying Geese Baby Quilt

Goals Update
May Recap: 
1. Make baby quilt for new grandma Valerie. DONE
2. Talk to Sandy about quilting How Many and Corona Medallion; get and/or prep backings. No, Still need to figure out backing for How Many. Batting finally arrived.
3. If possible, start quilting Color Spoke Puzzle. No, awaiting invisible thread. 
4. Layer, Baste, and quilt Keep Positive for Hands 2 Help. Not done.
5. Quilt and finish baby quilt for Operation Shower. DONE, flying geese baby quilt. This will go to Little Lambs for H2H instead of Operation Shower. 
6. When background fabric arrives, finish piecing bright strippy spiral top. Progress: Charcoal background is cut, rows are halfway pieced, columns are clipped for piecing as I can get to it. 
7. Look through UFOs and find something to move forward. DONE: Pink Cats baby quilt, which will go to Little Lambs for H2H. Progress: Basketweave Bee Blocks. 

Other: Pieced green/aqua/blue strippy columns baby quilt top, now named Sea Glass. 
Sea Glass in progress

June Goals: 
1. Finish piecing Bright Strippy Spiral.
2. Talk to Sandy about quilting How Many and Corona Medallion; get and/or prep backings.
3. If possible, start quilting Color Spoke Puzzle. 
4. Layer, baste and quilt Sea Glass baby quilt.
5. Finish piecing basketweave bee blocks top. 
6. Piece another strippy top using already cut strips. 
7. Design something new and complicated to piece.

I also need to get all the Hands2Help quilts mailed out, which I will do this week. 
Pink Cats Baby Quilt for Hands2Help

I don't know how focused I'll stay in June. I actually didn't feel like writing goals this month. Maybe my goals for the month should just be:
 - pet fabric
 - piece something
 - quilt something
 - and my stretch goal: buy fabric
Maybe those I can achieve!  ;-)


Linking up with Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

1 comment:

  1. I think you still made amazing progress in May, but I can definitely relate to finding it hard to focus right now. I hope you enjoy whatever fabric / sewing / quilting time you get in June.

    ReplyDelete