Monday, January 18, 2021

Goodbye Old Sewing Room, Hello New

 A couple weeks ago I said goodbye to my old sewing room. It was just an empty room then, and all my stuff was on the moving truck, ready to be transported to my new home. 


Two days ago the truck arrived in Goodyear, and now my new sewing room looks like this:

That's my design wall wrapped in green tape above. It's two big foam core panels, and we're hoping it survived the trip okay. 
There's a closet on the far left in the photo above; it too is full of stuff that needs to be unpacked and organized.

I don't see any sewing going on in here for awhile. 

There are higher priorities for unpacking, and other spaces in the new house that have to be set up first, especially the kitchen. We did, however, cook - actually cook - our first meal, so we're making great progress. 

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday even though my design wall is still wrapped in packing material and won't be usable for awhile. Something to look forward to!  ☺

Link Ups: Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh Quilt

10 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Can’t wait to see your new sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking your first real meal in your new home is a big milestone! I'm so glad you are safely there and unloaded. I hope that unpacking and settling in goes really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEW glad you arrived safely, Jan!! Best of luck with all of the unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! It's like opening presents every day you are in your new sewing room as you open boxes and figure out where to put things. It will be fun to watch your room come together as you post your progress.
    Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice sized room! You’ll have it set up in no time 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have 'sew' much fun organizing and playing in your new studio. Hope you will share more pic's as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of curiosity, did you pack the boxes for the sewing room yourself? Don't look at the unpacking as a chore, but as an opportunity to create a new maker's space. I'd love to rearrange my studio (such as it is), but moving everything out is impossible and it's hard to make significant change if you are just shuffling the mess around. Good luck and have fun.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much potential! Best of luck getting it all set up and perfect :)

    ReplyDelete