Friday, November 26, 2021

Sock Monkey Plus Flimsy

Another donation quilt; this one will go to the local family services agency. 

As always, there's a need for quilts for older boys, so here's one that's not babyish. At 44 x 56" it's a good size for a grade school or middle school age kid. 


The sock monkey fabric is ageless, right? DH thinks so - he likes it! I snuck in some reclaimed shirt fabrics to keep it masculine. 

I found flannel in the club's stash to cobble together a backing. I'm scheduled to use the long arm in mid-December and I'm hoping to FMQ a meander all over it from the front of the machine rather than following a panto. We'll see. 


Link ups: Confessions of a Fabric AddictAlycia Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are getting good use out of my fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited..your blog finally came on bloglovin! Sock monkey looks good!
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree; sock monkeys are ageless. Sounds like you are all set for your December longarm schedule.

    ReplyDelete