Friday, October 4, 2024

Friendship Stars

Last month I had time on PCQ's long arm so I was able to quilt the ginormous Friendship Stars quilt. Now it's bound, labeled, and finished. 

The blocks are huge, 18", so piecing the top went together very quickly. The backing is a bold black-on-white scroll-like paisley. I quilted it with a loose allover meander so as not to distract from the graphic piecing. It was hard to decide on a thread color because black was very bold on the white fabrics, and white showed up too much on the black fabrics and the red. Medium grey showed up too much on everything. I went with an off-black, not as harsh as jet black, and it worked well. I'll have to remember that for future black and white quilts. 

The quilt finished at about 72 x 90", a generous twin bed size. It will go to a local women's halfway house and the resident who receives it will keep it when she moves on. 


Linking up with Alycia Quilts 10/4 and My Quilt Infatuation 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment