Tuesday, October 1, 2024

September Stash Report and Goals Update

I had a busy month including a week at our favorite beach, so I didn't accomplish everything on my goals list. But that's okay. We went to Perdido Key (near Pensacola) at just the right time, between hurricanes Francine and Helene that just hit the Gulf Coast. 

View from 4th floor, The Mariner, Perdido Key FL

While there I did some shopping at my favorite Pensacola fabric store, so a few yards were added to my stash. But I used some yardage this month, too, so my stash report is looking pretty good. It helped that I quilted and bound my giant Friendship Star quilt so I can count out the backing and binding. I also quilted Road Trip so I can count that backing, too. 

Quilting the Friendship Star quilt

Stash Report: 

IN this month: 4-1/2 yards (4-1/2 yards from A&E in Pensacola)
OUT this month: 12-1/2 yards (Friendship Stars back, 2-3/8 yards wide backing; binding 5/8 yard. My fabrics used in Storyboard Stacked Slabs, 2-1/2 yards. Backing for Road Trip, 7 yards.)

IN YTD: 65-1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 67-1/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 1-3/4 yards OUT

I still have three months left in the year so I'm sure I'll use up more. We'll see about adding - I need more khaki Grunge to bind Road Trip so a trip to the LQS is in order. What else might come home with me? 

Storyboard Stacked Slabs top

Goals Update: 

September Recap

1. Prep for and teach lessons 2 and 3 of my color class. DONE

2. Quilt the black & white Friendship Stars top on the long arm. DONE, also bound and finished. 

3. Piece backing for Kaffe Gradient. No, not touched. 

4. Continue piecing and assembling the black and white lozenges project. The concept for this has changed a bit from the original inspiration. Yes, revised the layout, made side triangles, and started assembling rows. 

5. Repair blocks and piece backing for Autumn Scrappy Celebration for Linda. DONE

6. Continue piecing the Storyboard stacked slabs top at social sewing. Yes, it's now a finished top.

7. Prep a backing and batting for a personal quilt (Road Trip???) and quilt it on the long arm on Sept 25. DONE

8. Continue making blocks for the Black and Tan project. Yes, made the last two Churn Dash blocks and cut pieces for the border. 

Autumn Scrappy Celebration layout, blocks made with friends

I had forgotten how much time it takes to prep for teaching a class. Even though I had taught my color class before, there are six lessons with materials and hand-outs for each one. Even though I have a binder with the lesson plans, I had to refresh my memory, as well as make sure I had all the visual aids needed. So quite a few hours were spent doing that this month. More of the same will take place in October because I have three more lessons scheduled. 

October Goals:

1. Prep for and teach lessons 4, 5, and 6 of my color class. 

2. Make a label for Road Trip. Shop for khaki Grunge for binding for it and bind the quilt. 

3. If Linda gets it quilted, bind the Autumn Scrappy Celebration quilt.

4. Continue assembling the rows for the black and white lozenges project. 

5. Piece a backing for the Storyboard Stacked Slabs quilt and quilt it on the club's long arm on Oct. 24. 

6. Make the last four blocks for the Black and Tan quilt; start assembling border units. 

7. Piece the backing for the Kaffe Gradient top.

Revised layout for the Lozenge blocks. 
Sides will be squared up after rows are sewn together. 

Again, a busy month planned. It's still unbelievably hot here, smashing temperature records day after day. I guess I'll be staying inside and sewing. When it's still over 105 degrees out and the sun is still brutally strong, it's hard to believe it's fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment