Sunday, January 15, 2017

Stash Report 1/15/17

One of the local quilt shops had a Fat Quarter Frenzy event, all FQs $1 each. I couldn't resist; 16 FQs came home with me.

The purples are for my Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge project. The aquas and low volumes are purely stash enhancement. The greens are for a project requested by my son for next Christmas.

Since I finished my LCT QOV, I can count out the backing (3-3/4 yards) and binding (5/8) yards.

So, this week/month/year-to-date:
IN: 4 yards
OUT: 4-3/8 yards

Since my objective for the year is to break even or have a net stash reduction, this is a fine start.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times - check out everyone else's beginning of the year stash management efforts over there.

6 comments:

  1. More out than is always a good thing in my books. I love the FQs you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just brought home some nice greens as well, and I'm thinking some aqua/teal wouldn't go amiss, either. FQ's for a dollar would indeed be very hard to pass up! It's great you found some that will work well for ongoing or upcoming projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purples are a colour sadly missing from my stash, will have to rectify that after seeing your lovely collection & for $1 a bargain for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what your picked up at the great FQ sale. I almost wanted to go, but since I don't need any particular color right now, I stayed away. You got some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great sale! You showed great restraint by only buying 16 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fat quarters are such a great way to enhance and refresh the stash. But isn't it amazing how fast that yardage can add up?

    ReplyDelete