Sunday, July 2, 2017

June Stash Report & Goals Update

It's time once again to take a look at how I did this past month. My husband commented that I spent less time than usual on sewing and quilting related activities. Actually I was procrastinating about layering and basting the Christmas tree project. Anyway, let's see what I was able to accomplish in June.

June Stash Report:
IN this month: 2-1/2 yards. (I bought sashing & binding fabric for my Solstice Challenge blocks but I'm not sure I'm totally happy with it. That's a topic for another post.) 
OUT this month: 8-5/8 yards (Batik Spiral Flimsy - 5-1/2 yards;  Little Dresses - 5/8, 5/8, & 7/8 yards;  Demo sample for glue basted binding for CSQ, top, backing & binding - 1 yard)

IN YTD: 64-1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 75-1/4 yards
YTD Net Change: 7-3/4 yards out. Whoo-hoo, still in the black for the year!

Little Dresses, STLMQG Charity Project

Goals:

June Recap:
1. Finish batik leader/ender project to a flimsy. DONE
2. Make blocks for flannel plaid project. DONE
3. Layer, quilt, and bind Christmas tree project and begin stitching hanger loops. Not finished: quilted; binding and sleeves prepped but not attached. 
4. Work on WIVSP hand piecing project. Not done.
5. Plan what to do with Solstice Challenge blocks. Planned, and fabric purchased for sashing and binding. 
6. Keep up with bee blocks and BOMs. DONE
Other: Made three Little Dresses for STLMQG's charitable project.

Batik Spiral Flimsy (Leader/Ender Project)

Flannel Blocks

July Goals: 
1. Christmas Tree project: Bind, add sleeves, add label, and start hand stitching loops for hanging ornaments.
2. 12 Days of Christmas In July: Prep photos and write blog post to go live July 19th. 
3. Make Viewers' Choice award ribbon for CSQ's quilt show, due July 18th.
4. Flannel project: Join blocks to complete the flimsy. If time permits, piece a backing.
5. Cut and piece 32 red HSTs and 38 blue HSTs.
6. Start cutting sashing pieces for Solstice project; kit them for sewing at events in September & October.
7. Work on WIVSP hand piecing project. 
8. Keep up with bee blocks.

Christmas Tree WIP

It looks like I have a lot of little projects for July rather than accomplishing one big goal. Many of them have deadlines. We'll have to see how I do with so many little things on my plate.


Linking up with Sunday Stash Report over at Quilt Paint Create

5 comments:

  1. The dresses are adorable. Small projects like that are a nice break from quilting and still use up that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deadlines have a way of keeping us moving along. I am impressed by your yardage use and look forward to seeing your progress in July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying in the black is the goal! I like the projects you've been doing, as well as your July goals. Those little dresses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block of the month blocks (not sure if it was in this post or the last one!). Looks like you're staying steady on your stash - I've seen several of us who are in the same boat...about 7 yards ahead or behind for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been so productive as of late! I wish I could say the same! Two words.....puppy training! I know you know what I am talking about! Your son's Christmas tree is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete