IN this month: 13-1/4 yards (7-1/2 yards, Janie Lou sale, (incl. backing for QOV, 2 low volume prints & 2 colors of Grunge). 3-1/2 yds FQ Shop order for Mel's baby quilt. 5FQs from STLMQG. 4FQs from Merrily's.)
OUT this month: 19-1/4 yards (LCT QOV Top, 7-3/4 yards; Laurie's baby quilt, 5-3/4 yds total, includes backing & binding & loss between print repeats. Mel's baby quilt top, 3-1/2 yards per EQ; backing 1-7/8 yards; binding 3/8 yard.)
IN YTD: 85-1/8 yards
OUT YTD: 104.75 yards
YTD Net Change: 19-5/8 yards out
Whoo-Hoo! nearly 20 yards out of the stash for the year! I don't feel guilty for any stash enhancement purchases this month.
1. Post LCT block tutorial in conjunction with QOV block drive and create new tab on blog for it. DONE, posted, and both Alycia and Dar report blocks are coming in.
2. Label and bind Forest Fellows baby quilt. DONE and delivered. Baby Lincoln's mom says she thinks this one is the cutest of all the baby quilts I've made for her kids.
3. Design baby quilt for Andy & Mel's baby. DONE - not only designed, but the quilt is finished.
4. Make one more main block, reassemble alternate blocks, and complete center of QF Roman Road flimsy. Blocks are done and sewn into rows. Borders are planned. Rows and borders will be assembled at Sew Me STL in October.
5. Layer, baste, and quilt gift quilt for the senior H. family for Christmas. Not done - size is too intimidating. I'm meeting with a long-armer friend in October to have this one panto quilted.
6. Make something for the Crayon Challenge for STLMQG. Not done but I have an inspiration photo and fabrics pulled; project is on hold to work on at Sew Me STL.
7. Plan projects for Sew Me STL retreat. See above and below, Roman Road, Crayon Challenge, QF BOM blocks, and new Bento Box project. Nothing is organized or packed yet.
8. Catch up & keep up with bee blocks. Bee blocks are caught up but new QF BOM blocks will have to wait & get worked on at Sew Me STL.
Other: I started a new project and have the starter blocks made for a Bento Box variation. I'll continue working on it at Sew Me STL in October.
While I didn't fully complete some of my goals, I at least moved some projects along and completed the QOV block tutorial and the baby quilts. Considering I was out of town for over a week, I'd say that's not bad overall.
Finished baby quilt for Andy & Mel's baby
Baby Lincoln's quilt
1. Prep, organize, and pack projects for Sew Me STL, and enjoy the retreat.
2. Complete Roman Road top to a flimsy.
3. Complete Bento Box variation top to a flimsy.
4. Press top & backing and pass gift quilt for the senior H. family to long-armer to be quilted. If returned, bind it.
5. Prep Piecing Group project to hand out next month.
6. Keep up with Bee blocks & BOMs.
Beginning of Bento Box variation project
Roman Road blocks sewn into rows
Linking up with Patchwork Times
Congrats on your stash numbers! (I notice you put "Janie Lou sale" in the tiniest of fonts.) Glad to see Roman Roads on the move. I know you had problems with it, but it really is a striking design.ReplyDelete
Congrats on being in the black! You've done great on the stash management this year. Hope your October is as successful as your September was.ReplyDelete
Wow, you are doing so well with your stash this year. I hope you have a lovely October. :)ReplyDelete