Well, actually, prepping for basting.
The batting was a 36" x 108" remnant that I cut across and Frankenbatted together to create a large enough piece. Because it was the end of the bolt, it had some serious wrinkles and deep folds. I spread out and pinned down the backing, laid out the batting, lightly steamed it and smoothed the wrinkles, and placed the quilt top on it.
I have a lot of other stuff going on, and this is in an out of the way spot where no one will step on it, so I'll leave it like this until I can get a chance to pin baste it. By then the wrinkles will all have relaxed out of the batting.
For backing I used some very vintage stash, a tan and blue "ethnic" print and a navy textured stripe print that I've had in my stash since my house was decorated in Country Blue in the 1980's and 90's. These were two of my very early quilt fabric acquisitions but were never used. Time to put them to good use.
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Love Laugh Quilt