Monday, August 2, 2021

July Stash Report and Goals Update

 July was certainly a busy month, and a very fun one. A little stash enhancement, a retreat, a new project...What's not to like?! 

Even though I purchased some fabric this month I also used enough to offset my acquisitions, so the stash report is still looking good for the year. One of my finishes was my batik race "yardage", which ended up being 48" wide and about 180" long. I'm using some of it for pillows for my patio chaises, and the rest will still be enough for a lap quilt or some other project. 


July Stash Report: 
IN this month: 11-1/4 yards (Shop hop - 2 yards brown batik.  Retreat - 5-3/4 yards.  35th Ave sale - 3-1/2 yards.)
OUT this month: 16-3/8 yards (Batik race, 9 yards. Star Spangled Spiral top, 7-3/8 yards.)

IN YTD: 62-5/8 yards
OUT YTD: 66 yards

YTD Net Change:  3-3/8 yards OUT

Working on several projects while I was at retreat helped with the stash report but shopping there also enabled me to acquire more fabric. I was able to finish the remake of my Star Spangled Spiral pattern to a flimsy while I was at retreat, and work on some of the blocks for my snake quilt. 




Goals Update: 

July Recap: 

1. Continue navy & yellow strippy HST blocks at Wednesday sewing; assemble top and add borders. Done, top is assembled, consensus is no borders are needed. No finished photo yet but blocks on the wall are shown below. All fabric came from the club's stash for this top. 

2. Continue hand sewing binding on How Many, (WIGSP). Progress, almost done.

3. Continue working on batik race pillow covers and practice FMQ on them. Progress, quilted one with wavy lines walking foot quilting at retreat. No FMQ practice yet. 

4. Continue prep for retreat, need to kit up snake quilt and star spiral blocks. Done.

5. Plan PCQ color challenge project and kit it up to take along on retreat. Planned and kitted up; haven't started working on it yet. 

6. Have fun at retreat.  YES!!!

Other: 1) Two long arm training sessions, then I bound the charity quilt we quilted.
2) Squirrel - I started Ricky Tims's Kool Kaleidoscope quilt along. Couldn't resist! 

August Goals: 

1. Make a backing, quilt navy and yellow charity top for long arm practice; bind the quilt. 

2. Finish hand sewing binding on How Many, (the WIGSP) and start attaching the sleeve. 

3. Continue working on Kool Kaleidoscope to a flimsy. 

4. Continue making blocks for the coral Snake Quilt.

5. Start working on the color challenge project. 

6. Practice FMQ on at least one of the remaining batik race pillow covers.


That should be plenty to keep me busy! 


Link ups: Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Love Laugh Quilt

1 comment:

  1. You got a lot accomplished in a month! Your quilts are stunning!

    ReplyDelete