Monday, November 7, 2022

Four Patch Shuffle, Continued

I got a few more Four Patch Shuffle blocks made at social sewing last week, a set of four blocks in the green/orange colorway. 

Normally I try to have everything cut and kitted up for social sewing, but the parts for these blocks were not cut ahead of time so I had to think about the cutting while at social sewing. Think being the operative word - snowbirds are back and social sewing is all "So glad to see you!!! How was your summer?"  Very social.

These are the parent blocks for the set.

block parents

Thank goodness, I didn't make any cutting mistakes and the piecing came together smoothly. The parent blocks were sliced and diced and recombined into a set of Four Patch Shuffle blocks. 

block quadrants

A reminder of how they'll look in the quilt:


I'm  a bit less than halfway finished making the blocks. No rush, no deadline. This is just a donation quilt. I don't expect to make any progress this week because we won't have social sewing this week. The room is being used for a class instead. 


Linking up with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice time getting to greet everyone again and make a bit of forward momentum on the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have nailed the "issue" with sewing and talking at the same time -- making mistakes. I tend to precut patterns or whole quilts when I go on retreat. Just so much easier. Your blocks look terrific. I'm guessing you get 4 blocks out of your "parent" blocks. The new blocks look very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time. Even better you were able to stitch and catch up.

    ReplyDelete