Thursday, November 3, 2022

October Stash Report and Goals Update

Well, it seems I'm going in the wrong direction with my stash management. Not really, I just don't have the finishes yet to offset the acquisitions. A shop hop this month did me in, plus I needed something specific for a project. So many of the projects I work on use donated fabrics in the piecing and/or PCQ's stash for backing, and I never count those fabrics out because they were never part of my own stash. 

My big finish for the month was the Hot Race quilt, but the fabrics used in the top were already counted in September. 

The race leftovers went into another top, so only the black and white block frames were counted out. 


October Stash Report

IN this month: 8 yards (Shop hop and extra shopping)
OUT this month: 4-1/8 yards (Gift, 1-3/8 yards. Black and white for Leftovers block frames, 2-3/4 yards.)

IN YTD: 86-5/8 yards
OUT YTD: 76 yards
YTD Net Change: 10-5/8 yards added to the stash

Ongoing projects, the coral snake quilt called CandyLand and the cube challenge project, are progressing and will add to the amount of fabric used when they get to finished stages, but they're not there yet. 

Meanwhile I've started the next project to piece at social sewing, using almost all my own fabrics. I'll see how far along I get with it this month. 


Goals Update

October Recap:
1. Continue quilting CandyLand.  Progress. 

2. Continue piecing the cube project; start looking for a long arm quilter to custom quilt it.  Progress

3. Quilt the Hot Race quilt on the club's long.  Done and donated.

4. Piece a charity quilt top from the race leftovers.  Done.

5. Plan a new charity quilt to work on at social sewing. Planned and started. 

Other: made a couple of new pot holders.

Quilting Progress: about 5/8 complete

November Goals: 
1. Continue quilting CandyLand.

2. Finish piecing the cube project and hire a long arm quilter.

3. Prep backing and batting and place the Pink Race Leftovers quilt for quilting by someone in PCQ.

4. Prep backing and quilt the Black + White + Brights (vertical bricks) project on PCQ's long arm.

5. Work on piecing the Four Patch Shuffle project at social sewing.

6. Start writing a tutorial for Four Patch Shuffle

7. Work on a UFO.

The biggest challenge this month is going to be finding a long arm quilter for the cube project. I've had recommendations of people to talk to, so at least I have a start. Since I need it in February, I'm hoping that someone can do it after their Christmas orders. I'm also a bit concerned about the cost; prices for custom long arm quilting are much higher here than what I was accustomed to in STL. 

The cube project: 3 more long seams plus borders

November goals don't include any Thanksgiving plans. No guests, but we'll be cooking for ourselves and enjoying some festive food. We won't be travelling this year. Last year our trip back to Missouri was a disaster - everything that could go wrong did - so we'll stay home this year. 

More time to sew and work on projects! 






3 comments:

  1. If you had a trusted long arm quilter in STL, could you ship the quilt to them? Even with postage costs, it might be less expensive. (Quiltdivajulie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all the progress. The cost of shipping does add to the cost, but if you have a trusted quilter in STL, shipping it back may be worth it and it could be cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress on CandyLand looks like it is going really well. I hope you have a very nice November and I'm sure a few finishes will help your yearly total quickly!

    ReplyDelete