Monday, May 1, 2023

April Stash Report and Goals Update

April was a productive month! And even though I added a few yards to the stash, my usage more than offset the acquisitions. So what did I accomplish? 

Flying Geese blocks

At retreat I got the rest of the blocks made for my Flying Geese project. Since I've been home from retreat, I've finished the top, which will get its own post later. Also at retreat I finished a UFO from 2020, which will also get its own separate post later.  I haven't figured up the yardage used for the UFO yet so I'll count it in next month's stash report. 

Red Round Robin UFO from 2020

Other finishes include a tote for my SIL, a pieced backing for Chisel Star, and a jumbo Friendship Star prototype top for PCQ's next charity pattern. 
Tote for SIL

All that used up a lot of fabric! 

April Stash Report

IN this month: 5 yards (Ritter, 3 yards. Quilter's Sale, 2 yards.)
OUT this month: 18-1/2 yards (Flying Geese top, 5-1/2 yards. Chisel Star backing, my fabrics, 1-1/2 yards. Low Volume Squares and Scrappy Celebration fabrics donated to group projects, 3  yards. Bag for Jackie, 2 yards. Friendship Star top, 6-1/2 yards.)

IN YTD: 15 yards
OUT YTD: 55-1/2 yards
YTD Net Change: 40-1/2 yards OUT 
Backing for Chisel Star

In addition to working on projects at retreat, I had a lot of time this month to work on projects at home, too, One was the Friendship Star prototype for the next PCQ charity quilt. I made it all from my own batik stash, but now a pattern tester is working on a version using the club's stash. I wrote up the pattern so we can make kits for a future community service sew day. It took longer to write the pattern than it did to make the top! 

Friendship Star prototype

So with all that, how did I do on my goals for the month? 

Goals Update:

April Recap:

1. Finish prepping and packing for retreat and have fun there.  YES and  YES!!!

2. Plan a backing for something for Kelly Young's upcoming book promotion. Yes, project is planned, fabrics pulled, to go with the red round robin. 

3. Quilt something on PCQ's long arm. Book time slots for May and June. Yes, quilted a UFO from 2019, Mineral Plus. Long arm time is booked for late May and Late June. 

4. Make tote bag for Jackie. Yes, finished and sent. 

5. Finish at least one of the tops I'm taking to work on at retreat. Yes, finished the red round robin top at retreat and subsequently finished the Flying Geese top.

6. Make blocks for Scrappy Celebration small group project. Yes, 7 blocks made so far. 

Other:  Made Friendship Star backing for the Chisel Star top. 
            Made prototype and wrote pattern for Friendship Star charity quilt for upcoming PCQ sew days. 

Scrappy Celebration Blocks

Whew! Can I top that in May? No, I have some family time booked on the calendar, so I will definitely not be able to accomplish as much in May. 

May Goals: 

1. Sew a backing for the red round robin top for Kelly Young's upcoming book promotion. 

2. Make blocks for Scrappy Celebration small group project. 

3. Quilt something on PCQ's long arm. 

4. Plan and cut a new project to piece at Social Sewing.

5. Bind Mineral Plus

That's enough.... Plus, I have to clean up the sewing room. All those projects are piled up in such a big mess on my cutting table, I can't work in there! 


Link Up: Small Quilts and Doll Quilts  



3 comments:

  1. Lots of great projects. Especially like print on sil’s tote! Here’s to a great May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flying geese quilt is beautiful. Congrats on all the progress in April. Enjoy the family time in May, hopefully you'll still make some progress on a few projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the patterns you write for charity quilts! Your group must be so productive.
    I am also trying to use more fabric than I buy. I am keeping track of my monthly ins and outs for the first time.

    ReplyDelete