Friday, December 15, 2023

Blue Daisy Quilt

Back in the spring, for PCQ's Community Service sew day, we made up kits for Four Patch Variation twin bed size quilts. Knowing there was this kit with a pretty daisy print in blue, I nabbed it. Full disclosure, I'm the one who put this kit together and some of the fabrics in it were mine instead of the club's, so I didn't feel guilty for nabbing the kit before someone else could. 

The flimsy was finished months ago, but there wasn't a suitable backing for it, so it sat in UFO status for a while. Then the Christmas Quilts for Hospice became a priority* and this quilt continued to languish. 

I finally got backing fabric for it, and batting from the club, and time on the long arm, so it's finally a finish. 

I showed it at PCQ's most recent general meeting and everyone commented on how cheerful it is. You can't beat a pretty blue and yellow combo!


Some of the charities we support need twin bed size quilts, and this is about 70" by 90", so this will go to one of them. 


I really like this one if I do say so myself. I hope the recipient likes it! 

Link ups: Alycia Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict

*PS - final tally, 81 Christmas Quilts were delivered to Hospice in early December. 

7 comments:

  1. Gotta love a pretty daisy! So fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft blues and greens with the pop of yellow. Very pretty and will be a great comfort to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, hard to beat blue and yellow as a cheerful combination. Congrats on a wonderful donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 81 Christmas quilts is an incredible number. Hats off to the committee and PCQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the recipient is going to like it and get a lot of use and comfort from it. And wow, 81 quilts delivered?! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blue in this quilt and it looks so nice with the daisies. Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan - this is so pretty! I also love the blue/yellow combo. I made one comfort quilt with the same colors. It worked really well then too. The daisy fabric is so sweet. Great finish! Happy Holidays Jan!

    ReplyDelete