Saturday, December 2, 2023

November Stash Report and Goals Update

A busy month, because I was at retreat for a few days and I was involved with the Christmas Quilts for Hospice project, in addition to working on - and finishing - two deadline projects of my own. Retreat projects included piecing the top for a baby quilt and piecing two sofa pillow tops, and partially quilting the pillows. Since then I've finished them all and sent them off to their new homes. I helped quilt and/or bind several Christmas Quilts for Hospice.

Baby Quilt for Great-Nephew Carter

Pillow top , 1 of 2

While at retreat I found the perfect backing for my Road Trip project which is still in work, so nine yards came home with me. My stash report is down so much for the year that this acquisition doesn't matter. 

November Stash Report

IN this month: 9 yards (Backing for Road Trip, 9 yards)
OUT this month: 10 yards (FQs for retreat, 3/4 yard.  Hexie baby quilt top, back, and binding, 6-3/4 yards. Pillows 2-1/2 yards)

IN YTD: 80.5 yards
OUT YTD: 117.25 yards

YTD Net Change: 36.75 yards OUT

The fabric for the Hospice quilts was all donations to PCQ so none of it counts in my stash usage. But together we made 73 quilts, so a lot of generous people donated a lot of Christmas fabric. 

Presentation of some of the Christmas Quilts for Hospice at PCQ meeting

Goals Update: 

November Recap

1. Have fun at retreat Nov 2-5.  YES!

2. Make baby quilt for niece's baby. Done, labeled and sent. 

3. Make pillows for Eric. Done and sent.

4. Finish assembling top of Kaffe Gradient project. Slight progress but not done. 

5. Continue working on layout for Road Trip. Slight progress, two more blocks made. 

6. If needed, bind more Christmas for Hospice quilts. Done.

7. Quilt something on PCQ's long arm. Done, blue daisy charity quilt.

December Goals

1. Finish the Kaffe Gradient top.

2. Work on Road Trip.

3. Prep backing for Batik Stacked Slabs.

4. Draft Edna's pattern for PCQ per her request. 

5. Work on an Adopt-a Quilt charity quilt. 

6. Work on a UFO or kitted project. 

My list is pretty light for December and I know I'll have some quiet time to sew at Christmas, so I'll probably add something else to work on, but I don't know yet what that will be. 







3 comments:

  1. Our guild has been making bed runners for Hospice. I'm anxious to see what the response will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all the progress in November and good luck with your plans for December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing the backing you found for Road Trip, and that's wonderful that adding the fabric to your stash didn't really make an impact on your stash report for the year. I hope you have a lovely December.

    ReplyDelete