Friday, December 18, 2015

Table Runner

No, I haven't done any more quilting on my practice project. When reviewing my list for Christmas giving, I realized one more gift was needed. So that became my priority, and I made this:

I confess, I "cheated" and did the quilting on my old machine with the walking foot. With the Christmas deadline fast approaching, I didn't have time to fuss with trial adjustments and the seam ripper if I used my new, unfamiliar, machine, so I went back to the old one.
 
If that paisley border print looks familiar, it is. It's leftover from this:

Too bad I don't have any more of the fabric to make one for me - it looks good in my dining room! It'll complement the recipient's décor nicely.

Linking up today with Whoop Whoop Friday over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. Very clever use of some leftovers; looks really stylish! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it does look good on your dining table. It's not Christmas-y so much, which means it could work at other times of the year. lol I'd start looking for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very good right where it's at. You are a good friend to be willing to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the border fabric! I love it on your quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely recognized the border / paisley material from your earlier quilt. Too bad you are out of the fabric, it really does compliment your dining set beautifully. I can also really understand wanting to use your old machine for this project and have confidence in how it would finish.

    ReplyDelete

So sorry to have to use word verification, but the spam has gotten unbearable lately.