Thursday, November 14, 2013

A surprising package

Today is DH's birthday. He's been wanting a new Harris Tweed sport coat. He had one years ago from LLBean, but they don't offer the same one in their catalog anymore.

Harris Tweed is hand woven in Scotland. I found exactly the jacket he wants, at the Harris Tweed Shop online:
 
 
The fabric is identical to the jacket he had years ago, so I'm sure it's exactly what he wants. The jacket even has traditional woven leather buttons. I couldn't find anything like it in the US, so I ordered it from Scotland. If it needs any alterations, we can have them done by a local tailor.  Harris Tweed is about as traditional as it gets, so I'm sure he'll love it. 
 
The package arrived earlier this week.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the box to discover this:
Harris Tweed Shop package
 
Isn't that the cutest tissue? And so surprising when I was expecting something staid and utilitarian.
 
The jacket is beautiful, exactly what I expected. I know DH doesn't read my blog, so he won't see this. Our son & DIL are coming for dinner tonight so we'll open gifts this evening. Won't he be surprised when he opens the box and sees this!
 
Linking up with Really Random Thursday over at Live a Colorful Life - check out everyone else's randomness over there!
 

 


1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful gift. I bet your husband will love it.

    ReplyDelete