January Stash Report:
IN: 6-3/4 yards (FQ Sale - 4 yds; Janie Lou - 2-3/4 yards lt green bkgd)
OUT: 14-1/4 yards (LCT QOV Back - 3-3/4 yds; Binding - 5/8 yd; DP II Flimsy, 9-3/4 yards)
Month and YTD net change: 7-1/5 yards out
It's nice to be in the black so far. In February my guild has our annual fabric swap and I'm sure I'll pick up some new-to-me fabrics there. I'll take some no-longer-loved pieces to destash, too, so hopefully I'll break even from the event.
My biggest purchase in January (other than the FQ sale) was pale green background for my Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge blocks, shown here with some older stash fabrics I'm using in the blocks.
Did I mention I got sidetracked? While I didn't work on a WIP or UFO, I did get a lot done, but I also started projects so now I have a few more WIPS. I think I'll have to stay more focused in February.
January Goals recap:
1. Complete LCT QOV. DONE
2. Assemble blocks for Dancing Plus II into a flimsy. DONE
3. Make progress on at least one WIP or UFO. Not touched
4. Keep up with bee blocks. DONE. I even managed quite a bit (for me) of hand sewing on my Piecing Group project. I'll show more after the group meets here on the 7th.
Other January accomplishments, not planned:
- Started Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge; made first 6 blocks, remade some of them with better background
- Made string blocks for Karen
- Planned & started baby quilt using Boomerang Patches. I'll show it on my design wall tomorrow.
- Drafted and made templates for snake block; made test block; cut pieces for sew day at Kevin's Quilt Cave
DP II Flimsy
1. Keep up with Pat Sloan Solstice Challenge blocks
2. Finish Boomerang Patches baby quilt into a flimsy
3. Cut pieces & paper-piece arcs for more snake blocks for the next sew day at Kevin's Quilt Cave
4. Make progress on Roman Road WIP
5. Make progress hand piecing my Piecing Group project
6. Keep up with bee blocks
OK, that's a lot of smaller projects, or small portions of larger ones, that I can bounce around among in February. Let's see if I can stay focused on just these and not start anything new. Wish me luck!
Linking up with Patchwork Times