Friday, February 24, 2017

Almost a Finish But Not Quite Yet

Once I finished the Boomerang Patches flimsy I couldn't move on to quilting it because I didn't have enough of anything suitable in my stash for backing, not even enough to piece together. So I set it aside and hoped to get something at the guild fabric exchange. 

Meanwhile I pulled out a UFO, a small top I had pieced at a sew day using FQs from a STLMQG fabric swap/challenge. This was always intended to be a donation quilt. 

I found suitable fabrics in my stash to piece together a backing. I quilted it with an allover meander. 

The binding is prepped. Hopefully I'll get this little quilt (45") bound and finished this week. Unfortunately it's too small for any of the Hands2Help charities, but I'll find a local place to donate it. 


  1. It's a fun quilt, love the fabrics in this one. It's probably a finish by now. I'm way behind on all the blogging stuff.