Have you ever gotten carried away with your leaders & enders, and they became your drop-everything-and-make-it-now project?
I had been using these little units as leaders & enders for awhile, but the box was getting kind of full, so I counted to see how many I had and figured how many I'd need. On Saturday I cut enough pieces for the rest of the blocks I'll need. Then I couldn't resist - I chain pieced until I had all of them sewn. The fabrics are all batiks from stash.
Here they are on the wall, first placement without moving anything around. In the photo I see some areas where I need to fix some things. This layout needs one more column on the left and another row each at the top and the bottom, but I ran out of wall space. I'll be able to add the rest after I sew some of these units together and it shrinks up some. The flimsy will finish at 72 x 84".
If you start at the light center and follow the lights clockwise, you'll see that the layout is a continuous spiral.
Now that the units are all made and this is on the wall, I guess it's not a leaders & enders project any longer, so I'll have to count it as a WIP. I guess I need to get busy and move some WIPs along to finishes!
Linking up with the new Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, and with Em's Scrapbag and Love Laugh Quilt