Friday, March 22, 2019

"Goodnight, Darleen!"

My version of Kevin the Quilter's pattern "Goodnight, Darleen!" is finished. While I'm still not sure string piecing is my thing, I definitely enjoyed the challenge of making this quilt.

We finally had some good enough weather that I could take some outdoor photos. Murphy helped.


For backing I cobbled together leftovers from the backing of a very special quilt from my pre-blogging days. The soft green and white print is perfect! And for binding I used a bias-printed stripe from stash.

A few days ago I was able to get together with Kevin. He's been so supportive of my venture into string piecing, and he was blown away by my finished version of his pattern. Mine is smaller than his actual pattern so it came together faster, but it's still a challenging departure in technique for me.

I'm petite so when we were taking pictures there was a bit of a height discrepancy.

Ah, much better!



Link ups: Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Wendy's Quilts and More, My Quilt Infatuation

11 comments:

  1. It turned out to be quite a beauty! It's such a great design and even though I'm not a green fan...I love it in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Jan! Congratulations on the finish and giving string piecing a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Murphy is adorable in your pictures :) I love that you can see the quilting in the backing shots. Way fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that you were able to get together with Kevin and have photos of you both with the quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't see you - Bwahh haa haa!! I love your quilt! and Murphy is a great model - so glad you took a photo of both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a method that isn’t your thing, this quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your version of Kevin's "Goodnight, Darlene" pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very pretty. I'm jealous you got to photo op it with Kevin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't express how wonderful it is to see your version of this pattern! It does my heart and soul good! As cute as the photo is of you and I holding your version of "Goodnight, Darlene!" Murphy has definitely stolen this show! What a good and handsome boy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on a very fun and pretty finish. A perfect finish for early spring. I'm not much on string piecing either, but I think you have to be willing to give the different techniques a try to see if you really like them or not. At least it's another tool in your kit should you find a need to use it.

    ReplyDelete