Friday, June 21, 2019

Black + White: A Finished Flimsy

Whoo-hoo! I had just enough of the background fabric to make it work. 
Now it's a finished flimsy.

All things considered, it came out surprisingly flat and square at 48". 

This quilt doesn't photograph very well; it looks much better 
in person than in photos. I've found that to be true with other quilts 
that feature busy small scale prints and/or subdued colors. 

Here's the lower right: 

And the upper left:

A couple of outdoor shots:
I hate how the deck floor sticks out farther than the railing. 
It distorts how the quilt drapes, but it's my best place for quilt photos.

The back fence is better for small quilts.

A challenging pattern, and now it's done, ready for quilting.
And I'm ready for some COLOR!



Link ups: 




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish!! I'm so happy you had just enough fabric for the background. It takes a lot of thought and ingenuity to make it work! Love the design and can't wait to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I absolutely love that you were able to preserve the odd on-point angle. Just so neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out really cool!! All those curves - its so graphic! I bet if you photographed it against color - you could see the black and whites really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That`s a really intriguing project! I love all the thought that you put into it for colour placement, and especially that it looks `off-kilter`!

    ReplyDelete