Monday, August 26, 2019

Kevin's Mystery on my Design Wall

I've been playing along with Kevin the Quilter's Simply Sensational Summer Scrap Quilt mystery.

I made half of the required number of units for the full size, thinking I'd make a kid size adaptation. Knowing that I'll have to modify the layout slightly, I put Clue 1, 2, and 3 units on my design wall.

Here's where I'm at so far. The long diagonal will measure 56" after it's sewn, so I think the sides will come out to somewhere around 40". I have plenty of Clue 1 blue and Clue 2 neutral four patches left for borders. I'll continue to lay it out and see if I need more of any units. I'm hoping it'll end up about 48 x 56-60" for a nice kid size comfort quilt.

I love the way the scrappy blues sparkle! Kevin's a master of scrappy quilts that still have a very cohesive look to them.

Thanks, Kevin, for the fun mystery!


Monday link ups:
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Em's Scrapbag
Love Laugh Quilt

7 comments:

  1. I really like the quilt Kevin's designed. I've downloaded the clues but didn't sew along. I've been disappointed too many times with mystery quilts so I wait to actually see the quilt before I do any sewing. Your quilt is going to be beautiful but then blues are my favorite color. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so great!! LOVE your beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Gretchen -- I've been burned once too often to jump right into a mystery. On the other hand, I really love your blues, and might give this a try with different borders. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is moving along nicely! Thanks for sharing with moving it forward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blues are beautiful! They do, indeed, sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is going to be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great quilt! Simple pattern but it shows off the blues nicely. I had thought about joining in but honestly couldn't get motivated at the time. Now of course, I wish I had! Sigh. Very nice Jan!

    ReplyDelete